and online gaming
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions have been revised for us as a youth community to adapt to the changes brought in by isolation from Covid-19 and continue to evolve over time.
Last amended 06/07/2020
1. Parental consent must be given for young people to participate in online group chats, online games and video calls.
2. Where a child is under the age of using a platform such as Discord (minimum age 13) the expectation is that parents set up the Discord account and are within earshot of their child to monitor online interactions.
3. Each video chat or gaming session or group chat will be hosted and monitored by two DBS checked and fully safeguarding trained leaders.
4. Recording or screenshotting conversations is not permitted.
5. We will not allow bullying or mean comments to be shared or individuals will be removed from the session and or group chat.
6. For video group chats all participants must be visable on webcam to ensure it is really them.
7. For video group chats registers will be taken of everyone who joins, no matter how briefly.
8. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their child is of an appropriate age to use social media platforms and online games. Leaders will attempt to support this if we are aware of true ages via our Churchsuite registration software.
9. As per our face to face sessions only leaders and young people are permitted to take part in closed group chats, online games, or video group chats.
10. Communication via any form of Social Media will not take place before 9am or after 9pm.
11. Youth leaders will not respond to private messages and all messages should be sent via the public chat